Evolve Home Energy Solutions are leaders in the insulation and energy efficiency sector. We work with housing providers and residents across the UK to insulate lofts and cavity walls to make their homes warmer and more energy efficient.
The world is in a state of climate emergency, yet it is estimated that 2.55 million households in England live in fuel poverty. That’s around 11% of all households in England. We at Evolve believe no one should live in a cold home and we are here to tell you about what help is available.
What exactly is fuel poverty?
Fuel poverty is measured in England using the low income-high cost definition, which states that a household is in fuel poverty if:
- They have required fuel costs that are above average (the national median level)
- Were they to spend that amount they would be left with a residual income below the official poverty line.
You can see more facts and information around fuel poverty at the NEA Website here.
So we ask:
- Is your house cold?
- Is it hard to heat?
- Are your energy bills too expensive?
- Does this affect your mental or physical health?
- Are you now claiming universal credit due to COVID 19?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you, please call us. Or if you know anybody who would have answered yes please let them know that help may be available.
Proper insulation and an up to date heating system are the most effective and well-funded measures to lifting people out of fuel poverty and properly heating the home. Funding is available for those in need, to insulate your walls to retain heat and upgrade your boiler if it’s old and inefficient. Research has shown that homes that receive these measures see the following benefits:
- Savings of £315 a year on energy bills
- Warmer homes
- Improvements to mental and physical health
- Reduced carbon footprint to help the environment
So, get in touch with us today to see how we can help you. After all, it’s your home, your energy and your world. We will book a free no obligation survey for when it is safe to do so.