Why Might You Need To Have Your Loft Insulation Removed?
Like cavity wall insulation, when loft insulation is correctly installed, it will help your home stay warm, safe and energy efficient.
However, loft insulation can cause penetrating damp, mould and condensation if:
- It’s been damaged or has become wet
- There is a lack of ventilation in your loft space
- It was installed incorrectly and, for example, doesn’t reach the internal leaf of the wall plate
- If the insulation gets wet it will act as a sponge, holding water against your ceilings
- A lack of air flow will cause condensation which will eventually lead to mould and damp
- Gaps in the insulation cause cold spots that allow heat to escape and damp to penetrate
It may take a few years before you notice anything but damp could still be damaging your home before it becomes obvious. It’s likely your energy costs will be rising too, as your heating will have to work harder to maintain a comfortable temperature.
This also applies to cavity wall insulation. If you’re concerned about yours we have more information here.
Check Out Our FREE Guide On Loft Insulation Removal...
So, why choose Evolve?
If you think your loft insulation may be damaging your home we can help. We can:
1. Carry out a heat loss survey to see if your loft insulation is damaging your home
2. Advise you on how any problems we find can be resolved
3. Remove problem loft insulation
4. Completely clear every elevation of any other materials or blockages
The prices for loft insulation removal will vary depending on the size of your house and whether there are any grants available in your area which may help cover some of the cost of the insulation and removal.
We can also assist you with any Eco 3 grants that are available to help with the costs of the new loft installation subject to availability.
Book a property survey appointment or call us and we will arrange for your local team to contact you.
Our surveyors will discuss any problems with you & provide you with a quote and recommendations.
Our qualified technicians will remove any hazardous material from your home, with the least disruption.
Our technicians will then install the best quality materials into your home for an unbeatable price
We can also help you with the following services:
Do You Need Your Loft Insulation Removed?
Our helpful team can get the job done for you with minimal disturbance to your home and your wallet!